Tuesday

If a=b and b=c, then a=c

Anders asked me an puzzling question as we were getting out of the car to go into the library.

Anders: Mom, does 'hayv' mean quiet?
Me: Hayv? I don't know what you are trying to say, Anders.
Anders: HayV. Does hayv mean quiet?
Me: Hayv? I don't know what 'hayv' means because its not a word.
Anders: No, HAYV! You know, HAYV!

Then I remembered that during the drive to the library, I was giving the kids the typical lecture about how they needed to "behave" while we're in the library. Anders knows we're suppose to "be quiet" at the library and so when I said "behave" he thought it was two separate words, "be" and "hayv." That's why he was asking me if "hayv" means quiet. He probably thought I was crazy saying that a word I had just used a few minutes before wasn't a word. Silly!
.
.
.
Sabrina wrote a lovely entry in our family journal. She wrote:
"I like my school a lot and a lot. But I have a really really fun time at my houes. I even like it betr then school."
Oh, that makes me so happy because I know she absolutely loves school. It's nice to know she loves being home even more! :)

3 comments:

Roemmele Family said...

That is SO cute! I love when kids share their thoughts and try to share their words.

Shanna said...

That is so funny.

Julie and Carlos said...

Yes Anders, would you please just close your mouth and be hayv already!!!!