Friday

Country Kitchen

We put another offer on another house. This one is out in the country and even comes with a country kitchen. This kitchen is bigger than the kitchen in the first house we put an offer on. As you can see, the cabinets are all painted white and I am so tired of white, white, white because of all the rentals we've been in.
I've been trying to imagine what I could do to give it a little personality. Paint the doors another color, leave the frames white? Or vise-versa? Or paint it all another color? Any suggestions? Not like it's ours yet, but I like to imagine about it anyway.


3 comments:

Shanna said...

That is an awesome kitchen. I am a little tired of white too cause of military housing. You could paint flowers on it or something.

Julie and Carlos said...

If you add a tiled backsplash or paint the surrounding walls then you won't have the feeling of all the bland bland whiteness even if the cupboards are white. I'll have to send you a pic of our kitchen because it's quite similar. Of course - you could always replace the cabinets- but that's a bigger investment. Good luck!

Julie and Carlos said...

Okay - after I posted my comment I realized you already have a tiled backsplash - but it's still so neutral. Replacing countertops with a surface like Wilsonart HD only costs a few hundred dollars and looks really good. It'll give color contrast and make it look modern. Good luck!