Monday

Weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's

On Saturday Gma was out with Laurie, Katie (my sis'-in-law), Jessie (my niece), and some other girl friends. Gpa was in the back-back yard mowing with the tractor and giving the kids rides in the scooper part in front. Jeff was at an education thing and I was making chocolate grasshopper cookies and potato salad. Gma called and asked me to ask Gpa to pick up Jared (my nephew) from his baseball game at the park nearby. I brought the kids into the yard and Gpa drove the tractor to the park and gave Jared a ride home in the scooper! When they got back, I asked Jared if that was embarrassing (he's 11, I think?) to have Gpa show up in the tractor. He said a little, but it was really cool, too! :)

After Sacrament meeting on Sunday, Anders informed me that he needed "a pillow with a pillowcase" and begged me to take him home (Gma/pa's house) to go to sleep. He'd been up late the past few night and had played long and hard the day before. I told him he could go to sleep on the bench beside me during Sunday School instead of going to Primary. He smiled and settled down to go to sleep. When Gpa saw that Anders wasn't going to Primary, he told Anders that there was going to be a party in Primary that day and he shouldn't miss out. Anders then decided to go to Primary and had a very nice time, even though there was no party. When we got back to Gma and Gpa's house after church, he snuggled into bed with a smile on his face and fell asleep almost instantly.

Supposedly, we're closing on the house next Monday. If that really happens, then starting next week, I am going to be pretty busy getting packed for the move, detail cleaning the new house and the old house, taking down wallpaper and possibly painting. We'll see if I have any time to blog at all during that time. If I don't, now you know why. :)

BTW, those chocolate grasshopper cookies were real delish! I chose to make those because I thought they'd taste similar to the Girl Scout cookies Thin Mints. I was right. :)

2 comments:

Julie and Carlos said...

Hold it Hold it - Did you say you have a recipe that resembles girl scout thin mints?????? You want to share that right????? :)
Good luck closing on the house! That's super news!

Clarisa said...

another recipie you should try is melted chocolate, a bit a peppermint, and ritz crackers. my sis-in-law makes them and they also are exactly like girl scout cookies. how is it the entire world loves girl scout cookies? I looooove the coconut ones! any recipies?

good luck with closing and get pictures!