Monday

Our New House

This is my Dream Home!
Breath-taking, isn't it? All that wood and those flowers make it look like it's a piece of nature! Too bad this is not the house we are trying to buy. Really, it's a little too much house for us.
.
.
.
This is Anders' dream house!Well, this isn't a house we're going to buy, either. I think we'd be pretty cramped in there!

.

This is the house we are attempting to purchase:

It's just the right size for us and it's on 2 1/2 acres. :)

We are not closing on the house today like we thought we were. Apparently, our loan officer filed a ten day extension on our closing date to get a second appraisal. Nice. The seller's not too happy about that. I'm a little disappointed, too, because we'd like to get in there and re-do those ceiling before we move anything in. However, I am trying to exhibit patience. I'm just glad that we don't have to be out of our rental until the 30th!

3 comments:

Clarisa said...

your house looks amazing! and all that land! you must be flying in the clouds right now! i love the porch, too. what a bonus. i knew houses in CA were expensive and now i know why, with all that beautiful land! how perfect.congratulations! i hope the appraisal goes fast for you.

Julie and Carlos said...

Oh my gosh Sara - when I first looked at your blog and saw that huge cabin home I thought that was an actual picture of the house in escrow1 I thought - Wow they must be moving OUT of California! Then I saw the Ranch home and it made sense :) But hey - with 2 1/2 acres you can keep building and adding to your house until it looks like the first picture! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the house, we have 2.5 acres as well. only about 1 acre is fenced though, we have no idea what we're going to do with the other acre! buying is a pain in the neck! try selling and buying at the same time, it's a pain in the whole body!! no fun either way, that's for sure!
love ya lots!