Wednesday

What Movies Do You Like?

I don't own all of these movies, but I've seen them all except for two. What are your favorite movies?

Doris Day:
Calamity Jane
Pillow Talk
Please Don't Eat the Daisies
The Thrill of It All (I want to buy this one...)
Send Me No Flowers
The Glass Bottom Boat
Lover Come Back
The Pajama Game

James Stewart:
It's a Wonderful Life
Rear Window
Harvey
Vertigo
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
The Spirit of St. Louis
The Stratton Story
The FBI Story

Hailey Mills:
Pollyanna
The Parent Trap I, II
Summer Magic (I want to buy this one, too.)
The Moon-Spinners
That Darn Cat!

Lucille Ball:
The Long, Long Trailer
Yours, Mine, and Ours

Audrey Hepburn:
Sabrina
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Charade
My Fair Lady
Wait Until Dark

Musicals:
Singing in the Rain
Oklahoma!
White Christmas
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The Sound of Music
Fiddler on the Roof
Hairspray
Mary Poppins
Bye, Bye Birdie!
Roger and Hammerstein's Cinderella

Classic 80s:
The Boy Who Could Fly
Flight of the Navigator
The Last Starfighter
Tron
The Karate Kid I,II,III
Back to the Future I,II,III
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade
Stars Wars IV, V, VI
The Princess Bride
Superman I, II, III, IV
The Neverending Story I, II

Newer Movies:
Stardust
The Ultimate Gift
Chaplin (Charlie...I haven't seen this, but heard it's good)
Amelia (Earhart...I haven't seen this yet, either)
The Italian Job (old and new versions, they're both good)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (old and new versions)
Sense and Sensibility
Jack and the Beanstalk: the Real Story

Childrens Movies:
Wallace and Gromit Three Amazing Adventures
Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Ware-Rabbit
Chicken Run
Enchanted
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Peter Pan (Universal Studios)
Ella Enchanted (I want to buy this one, as well.)
The Princess Dairies I, II
Sky High
Sleeping Beauty (always a favorite of mine for the beautiful landscape)
Toy Story

4 comments:

Skinhorse said...

Based on your list, I think you should make sure you also see some of my faves here:

OLD CLASSICS:
To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)
12 Angry Men (1957)
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1945)
The Bishop's Wife (1947)
National Velvet (1944)
Stage Door (1937)
Lillies of the Field (1962)

MUSICALS:
Meet Me in St. Louis
The King and I (1956)

OTHER GREAT ONES:
Life is Beautiful (Italian vers.)
Finding Neverland
Dead Poets Society
First Knight
Charlotte's Web (2006)
The Princess Bride
Steel Magnolias
Pride and Prejudice
Sleepless in Seattle
You've Got Mail

Shanna said...

Like I said before... THAT is a lot of movies.

Clarisa said...

you're very traditional.:) i, unfortunately, don't like movies in general because there is always something i find to complain about. but i will say that two movies i love love love is curious george and the muppet christmas carol. and scooby-doo movies (cartoons only) and harry potters (as played on clearplay)are others i like pretty well. don't ever invite me to a movie i guarantee i can ruin it for you.

Roemmele Family said...

Sara and Jackie -- we could totally be movie buddies. Come on over -- anytime!! :o)