We took a short break during our visit with Grandpa/ma H and went back home so Leif could participate in the pinewood derby with his cub scout pack. I don't know why it was so late in the year this time, but we had already planned our trip to Grandpa/ma H's when we found out that the pinewood derby would happen while we were gone. At first, Leif said he was okay with missing it, but after a den meeting one night, he said he would like to do it because there is only three times in his life that he can do it as a cub scout. Good for him. I'm glad he did it. :)
The red/whit/blue car is Leif car this year and the other one is his car from last year. I used our table saw to cut out the car this year (I know, you're all impressed with my many talents) and Jeff helped Leif paint it and get it ready for the race.

1 comment:
pine wood derby. great job. can't say i am sad this was our last year for a few years. never fails, we always worked on it on the last day. sure makes the kids happy, though, doesn't it?
Post a Comment