Happy 1st Birthday to Elijah! :)
It was a happy day for us all. While I was making the frosting for the cake, I realized I was out of vanilla extract so I added a bit of peppermint extract just for fun. As soon as I brought out the cake, Leif asked, "Um, why does the cake smell like play dough?" You see, when I make play dough, I also add peppermint extract to give it a fun smell...LOL! Leif couldn't eat the frosting because the smell was just like homemade play dough! I won't make THAT mistake again!
Elijah seemed to like the cake...
But the ice cream must have been too cold for his little fingers.
Hey, it's his party and he can cry if he wants to.

3 comments:
Oh! So cute! I want to play with your play dough- I can't stand the smell of the store bought stuff!
Those are REALLY cute cakes.
love the cakes! cute to have one just him. good mommy!
Post a Comment