Friday

Spring Break

Our little Elijah will be two years old in June. He's adorable, of course, and we all love him so much. However, typical for a child his age, he gets into everything! He's the biggest mess-maker in our house, but we don't mind so much because he's too cute. The other day he discovered the bib drawer and put eight bibs on himself! :) I asked him if I could take a picture of him and he sat right down, smiled, and said "cheese!" He goes crazy if he sees someone with candy or hears the word "candy."

Last night Elijah woke up after only being a sleep for an hour. I was hesitant to get him up, but his cry was unusually strong. It took me a while to figure out that his feet were itchy. They were all red and bumpy, so we suppose he must have stood too long near/on an ant hill or perhaps he just had a little irritation from walking barefoot in our grass/weeds. Anyway, we put some anti-itch cream on his feet and he felt better, but not really sleepy. I went to bed and left Elijah in the kitchen with Jeff, who was starting to make cookies. Jeff must've let Elijah explore the rich learning environment that a kitchen can be if a child is given free range because a while later, Jeff came in to show me that Elijah had found the beef bullion cubes, unwrapped one, and took a big bite of it! He must of thought it was candy because of the shiny wrapper. What an unpleasant surprise for the little guy!

At church, Elijah doesn't like to be in nursery without me. I was the nursery leader for a short time, but now I am in the primary presidency and cannot be in nursery very long. I usually let
Elijah tag along with me to primary and I think he likes it better than nursery, but we've got to somehow get him accustomed to being in nursery.

Jeff and the children spent the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa H's house a few weekends ago because cousins from Idaho were visiting during their spring break. I stayed behind so that I could get some painting done in areas of the house that are difficult to keep children away from. I painted beige on the walls in the entry and hallway, plus one wall each in the kitchen and dining room. That amount of painting would have taken me weeks to get done if I had waited until the children were in bed at night and still have gone to bed at a reasonable time myself.

During the children's spring break, we drove back to G&G H's house for another visit, this time without Jeff. Their home and yard are looking as beautiful as ever! Everything is green and blooming! We spent one day shopping for new church pants for Leif and couldn't find a deal better than $18. :p Yikes! When did children's clothing get so expensive? I thought maybe I'd buy new church outfits and shoes for all the boys and a new dress and shoes for Sabrina, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money all at once. We found two dresses on clearance for Sabrina, one of which she'll save for Uncle Randy's wedding this summer. The dresses are sleeveless, but I'm pretty confident I can find some matching fabric and put in some sleeves myself. In the meantime, she'll wear the sweaters that go with them.

Anyway, we also visited Jeff's Grandma C, a park (while it was sprinkling even), a candy factory, and more cousins. Anders started to feel a little feverish during the candy factory tour and when we finally got back to G&G H's house, all he wanted to do was crawl into bed, the poor boy! He slept through roasting marshmallows that evening, and spent most of the next day resting. I think the children enjoyed traveling with me because we stopped at Wendy's for lunch on the drive to and from G&G H's house. Wendy's has those super-yummy frosty's that we all love! :)

That was our spring break in a nutshell. Now we are back home and our house seems so bare and cold, not warm and welcoming. Hmm. What's the secret to a comfy looking home? I know I need to hang up some more things on the walls and probably put some plants around, but I still have a few spots that I need to touch up with paint before I get into any of that. It's a work in progress. :)

1 comment:

Julie and Carlos said...

Nice to hear the updates! Good luck getting the house "homey" and comfy!
Julie