Thursday

Last night we enjoyed a free skate night at the local roller skating rink as an end-of-the-year party for our elementary school. Jeff was able to go, but I almost didn't because I felt so wiped out by my allergies. I pulled myself together and we all went out for a fun family outing! We skated (except for me and Eli), ate pizza, drank root beer, listened to music, danced in our seats, took pictures, and deposited quarters into those little machines that eject rubber balls and other treasures that kids like. Ahhh! What a fun, fun family activity! :)

Speaking of fun, the children and I made a list of things to do and places to go during summer break. School's not out quite yet, but we want to be prepared, right? Do you want to see our list? Do ya? Do ya? Maybe you need some ideas? I hope I have the energy to do these things...Okay, here they are, in no particular order.

Things to do / Places to go this summer:

Park/water feature

Library (summer reading program, guest performances)

Movies

Bowling

Miniature golf

Baseball game

Cub Scout Day Camp (Leif)

Camp / Hike

Visit Grandparents

Lake / beach

Tie dye t-shirts

Lanyard craft

Swim

Bracelet craft

Dog tag craft

Read

Paint (make easel!)

Sports in backyard- soccer, kickball, softball

Water fight

Wash the car

Nature collage

Finger weave

Plastic canvas

Sidewalk chalk

Paint sun catchers

Fly kites

Make bubbles

Make s’mores

Roast hot dogs

See the sunrise

Go out for ice cream

Make jell-o

Make cupcakes

Make cookies

Ride bikes

Watch clouds

Have a picnic

Exercise

Board games

Sing

Playdough

Make paper bag puppets

Make popcorn balls

Work on cubscout requirements

Have an ice cream party

Go to friends' houses

Invite friends over

Scrapbooking

Make fruit loop necklaces

make marshmallow and toothpick sculptures

Make "log cabins" out of grahams, frosting, and pretzel sticks


No comments: