Monday

Even I have a bad day every now and then...

*sigh* I don't normally vent on my blog, but today has just been an abnormally tough day for me and it's only 2 o'clock! The good news is that our stolen vehicle has been recovered. It was found in an orchard not far from our house. We got a call on Saturday saying that the police had our car towed by a certain towing company and we had to contact them to get it back. I called the towing company immediately and they said we had to wait until Monday to get our vehicle back because the towing office was closed.

So, this morning I called them up and found out that we are being charged $40 per day for storage of our vehicle which started on Saturday, plus the towing fee, of course. They would NOT EVEN ALLOW US come get it on Saturday, how could they charge us for that? Ugh! On top of that, I cannot be the one to get the truck out of their possession because I'm not the registered owner. I am not even permitted to go look at it and see if it's even drive-able. Jeff has to leave work early so he can make it to the towing company before they close at 5 o'clock, or we'll be charged another $40 for another day.

I stopped by the towing company to ask if someone could try my key to see if the car would start because the police said the ignition had been damaged. I needed to know if we'd be able to drive it away or make other arrangements. They happily took my key, looked at the truck's file and then said it's not going to start because the battery is gone. And then they wouldn't give me back my key! Thievery! It's times like that when I wish I were more...witchy, I guess, and could demand that they give me my key back. They said the key had to "stay with the vehicle" until we decided what to do with it. The key wasn't even "with" the vehicle! I pulled it off of my key chain right in front of them and they wouldn't give it back! I couldn't believe it!

All right, I think I'm done venting. I'm just glad that today our vehicle will be gone from that place. Plus, there are definitely worse things to boo-hoo about. I guess I just felt like I was being treated like I did something wrong, like it was my fault that our truck had been towed. Sheesh! It was stolen. I don't know why the police had it towed instead of calling us first. I hope most towing companies don't treat people like that. It's a business and they've got to make a profit, but I feel like they're really taking advantage of the situation...

2 comments:

Clarisa said...

horrible story, right down to the core. while i understand they have their policies, they could have shown you respect, such as warning you they'd have to keep the key. the weekend thing, that's like hospitals charging you twice for room fees for you and for your baby even though you shared a room. but that's legal, too. weird. i hope this day's horridness never repeats. ps - i think you are pretty sassy about the things that are really important in life. i guess in the end, a couple of jerks just weren't worth you breath.

Vickie said...

I never can think of the right thing to say until 30 minutes later (at least). That's so frustrating when people turn what was already a frustrating situation into something even worse. Hopefully things are getting better now.