We attempted to take some decent family pictures two weeks after Dacia was born because my mother was still in town and could be the camera operator. We always seem to do that...take family pictures right after I've had a baby even though I'm still not quite looking like myself yet. It takes a while anyway to get back to "normal" and we can't NOT take pictures when a new member of the family joins us! Anyway, it was a nice day so we took a walk down the road to a walnut orchard.
Daddy with the girls...
Mommy with the boys...
Mommy with the girls...
Daddy with the boys...
All of us together...
Silly Anders was making faces through the whole thing. I guess he's just at that age when that's a "fun" thing to do.
Grandma with Dacia...
Sisters...
Three Generations...
(I think it's funny that I'm taller than my mom!)
All together again...
Just the kids...
We missed getting a "brothers" picture. Next time, I guess. :) What amazes me is when I see a family picture with WAY more children in it and they are ALL smiling and looking normal (Yes, Clarisa, I'm thinking of YOUR family pictures!).
Thanks, Mom, for coming to help me when Dacia was born and staying for a couple of weeks. Before you left us, I didn't know WHAT I would do without you. Those first couple of weeks after you left were crazy, but now Dacia is sleeping well most nights and the older children have learned to cook a few of their favorites! Eli is totally potty trained and Anders is starting to be more responsible when it comes to homework and chores. People have said it doesn't get easier as they get older, but I think it totally does! :) *whew* Sometimes I think back to when I was a child and how you made mothering look so fun and easy. Perhaps by the time I was old enough to remember anything, you had the job of mothering and everything that goes with it all figured out. You are an amazing woman and I am glad that you are my mother!

1 comment:
hahaha. sara, you have no idea how many family picture sittings i force my kids to sit through to get one satisfying poise. i do absolutely love your family pics. what a cute idea. i always use my family members as the photo taker too. my next family pic date is on stake conference, next month. i've already warned my kids. i love how your mom and you have such a great relationship. so sweet!
Post a Comment