I haven't been posting much because I've been so terribly busy, of course. Plus, our internet connection has been slow lately. We suspect it may be interference from cornfields nearby. This happened last year around this time and then after the corn was harvested, our connection was fast again. Be forewarned, there's not really an event or occasion that I'm posting about. Just life, you know, every day stuff.
I'll start with Leif. Leif is in 7th grade now and we are homeschooling him this year and probably next year, too. The biggest reason, in case you're curious, is because I want to have more one-one-one relationship-strengthening time with him before he starts into his teenage years and high school. So far it's been really awesome! We do have Dacia and Eli with us during the day, of course, but I've been able to focus on them more as well somehow. :) I think it's because I put everything else aside for the hours that we're doing school. It's just children time mostly; little or no errands, no phone calls, not much housework. We've had some great moments together. My favorite moment so far was the first day of science. He had to stick his hand in a cloth covered can to discover the items in it without using his eyes. He thought I might have put something living in it and speedily pulled his hand out when he felt a moist sponge, which he identified as a "wet mustache." Classic!
Sabrina is running for the Publicity position in student council. Last year she ran and won the Ecology position. She and Leif painted her posters this evening. It was a sweet sight to see them actually working together on something. Her slogan is the same as last year: Don't be a Meana, Vote for Sabrina. Silly, I know, but maybe it'll help kids remember her name when it's time to vote. Sabrina has been taking piano lessons since January and is doing great! I love to hear her practice. Sometimes she sings while she's playing, too! Little Dacia will bounce or nod to the beat of Sabrina's piano playing. It's adorable!
Dacia is 11 months old now. She just starting to make an effort to balance unassisted. I figure she'll probably be taking steps within the next few weeks. Sabrina was my earliest walker at 11 months. Anders and Elijah both started walking on or just after they turned one. Leif started walking at 14 months. I attribute that to him being a preemie baby and not having older siblings to show him the ropes. Dacia is darling, of course, and has one sweet little curl on the back of her head.
Elijah like to look at books, particularly the Berenstein Bears books. I like my children reading those because there is always a lesson to learn in them. Eli's favorite right now is "Too Much Junk Food." It's a good way to teach him about healthy food and junk food, but I know he likes that book because of the pictures of junk food in it. Eli is crazy for candy and we try not to have it around very often.
Anders is like Leif's little side kick. They play together a lot and Leif tries to motivate him to help in cleaning up their bedroom. Anders likes to read, but only does it when he has to really. He's learned how to "finger weave" with yarn and enjoys seeing how long of a strand he can make. Sabrina taught him how to do it and they are both pretty good at it.
My birthday is coming up. Good ol' 36. In four years I will be *gasp* 40! As always, I hope that I will be slimmer on my next birthday. I have about 30 pounds now that I'd like to see gone. 30 pounds isn't much at all. I know I can do it as long as I choose healthy foods, watch my portions, and get moving. I've lost 25 lbs since having Dacia. Yea, Me! :)

1 comment:
so, both of you sisters are homeschooling, interesting...i hope you love it all year long, you are awesome for doing it. i love hearing all the simple everyday things your family is doing. you guys are inspirational!
Post a Comment