Sunday

Sara...is done.

We had an eventful morning today. Dacia threw up in bed, but I didn't know it until several hours later when I found it on the sheet and pillowcase. She threw up again at the dining table after she ate breakfast. Jeff and I were out of the room when it happened, but we figured perhaps she had gagged on something because she wasn't exhibiting any other sickness symptoms. The third and final time she threw up was during the sacrament hymn. I was holding her so she threw up on my arm and all over herself. I just flipped up her skirt to catch anything and then booked her out the chapel doors and to the bathroom. After I had her all cleaned up, she was cheerful and playful, but my rule is that vomiting is an automatic reason to take a child home. After the sacrament was done, I went back in to the meeting and told the children I was going to take Dacia home. A woman sitting in front of me offered to sit with the children in my absence. Jeff was on the stand and didn't seem to notice that I was leaving.

When Dacia and I got home, I put her in the bath and then sent a text that said "I am at home with Dacia now. I will be back to pick up the children when church is over. Te amo para siempre." The message I sent was split into two messages for some reason and the message he got first read "From: Sara is over. Te amo para siempre."  He said when he read the message, he thought "Uh-oh. Sara is over. She's done and is leaving me." He called me after sacrament meeting and said "So, you're done?" Ha! Ha! We had a good laugh about that when he got home! I guess I have to limit the number of letters I use in a text. Sheesh! Is that why people ridiculously abbreviate when they text?

Anyway, all is well. Dacia hasn't thrown up in over 7 hours and I'm don't have any plans to be "over" anytime soon! ;)

No comments: