Back in July we celebrated Sabrina's 6th birthday at G&G O's house in Iowa. We had cupcakes and did the whole candle thing, too. Presents? Of course, barbies (me & Dad), pop beads (G&G O), a princess lamp and night light (G&G H), and $25 (G. C) that she has saved and used for school book orders. So, you see, she was not lacking at all in the presents department.
.
.
.
However, my kids beg for birthday parties (I think they mostly want more presents) and I have agreed to do a party on their even number birthdays. This is the party year for Sabrina and Leif, but, to put it mildly, I have been pretty busy. The kids have been asking every week and I kept putting it off until...it was really too late to do a "birthday" party for either one.
.
.
.
So, I decided to do a Girls Night "In" at our house to satisfy Sabrina's party needs. However, I told her we would not do the birthday cake thing and probably no one would bring her a gift. The presence of each friend would be her presents. She was okay with that, after all, a party is a party, gifts or not.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In addition to playing with the toys at our house, Sabrina and her friends played Hullabaloo (Thank you, Scott & Clarisse!), made and ate their own pizzas, did Hello Kitty sticker activity pages, had brownies and ice cream, and ate popcorn while watching Sleeping Beauty. It was a fun night! We had 3 Hello Kitty stuffed animals join us!
.
.
.
.
Couldn't get any better than that? Oh, but it did! Three girls brought gifts for Sabrina even though it wasn't a "birthday" party! Thank you, Emily, Melanie, and Grace...(your cards will be in the mail tomorrow)! One party down, one to go...
5 comments:
Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Looks like a great turn out.
What a cute party idea and how much fun!!
Happy birthday Sabrina. I cant believe how much she looks like you Sara! Adorable.
parties are always fun for the kids. I always try to throw my girls one for their birthdays, but Ive had to do it pretty cheap. I usually plan a while ahead so I can do all the things I want. Ive had to get pretty creative, but its always been fun for them. Your idea was GREAT!
What a cute idea! It looks like they had lots of fun!
Post a Comment