Thursday
During our Thanksgiving festivities, a relative of mine was telling me about preparing casseroles and then freezing them for another day. And I thought to myself, would I always have to do that in a metal baking dish? I actually don't have any of those and I don't have any more kitchen storage space to add some to my collection of glass baking pans. So, I did a little research about glass pans because I've heard that a quick change in temperature can cause the glass to break. According to Pyrex's website, hot to cold can cause the bakeware to break. However, "PYREX® glassware products can go directly from refrigerator or freezer to a microwave, convection, or preheated conventional oven." Fabulous! Now I know I can use my glass bakeware for frozen casseroles! Sweet! :) Now I need to dig up some yummy casserole recipes! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
here's another tip. lay a freezer bag in the casserole dish and layer your meal just as you would normally (except for the awkward part), close up the bag and freeze it in the pan. Once it is solid, remove it from the pan and replace it in the freezer. When its time to use it, cut the bag away from it and put it back in your pan and cook it. You might have to add a little cheese on top to make it look great, but other than that, it will look/taste great :) good luck!
Post a Comment