Thursday

Refried Bean Enchiladas

I made this last night and it was sooooo good and easy. I got the idea from my brother, but I put a little twist on it. Plus it's only 5 ingredients, which is what I like!

12 small flour tortillas (6 inch size)
1 can (15 oz) red sauce (enchilada sauce)
2 cups refried beans
1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided

Spray a 9x13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350'. Open the can of sauce and pour it into a shallow bowl or dish (wide to dip the tortillas in). In a separate bowl, mix together beans, cottage cheese, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Microwave tortillas until they are soft, about 1 minute. Dip both sides of a tortilla in the sauce and then spoon a small amount of the bean mixture onto center of the tortilla. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down in the baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour the rest of the sauce over the enchiladas and then top with remaining cheese. Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. (Can be frozen before baking, just bake for twice as long.)

Number Of Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 15 min prep + 30 min bake

1 comment:

Roemmele Family said...

That sounds super yummy! I will have to try this. BTW, did you know that food network has a how that does meals with 5 ingredients or less. It is really cool. I think it is called "5 Fix".