
Something has been weighing heavily on my mind, well actually, my hips! Ha! Ha! Ha! My baby is four months old and I have a closet full of clothes that I don't fit into. Ugh! I've noticed that after I have a baby, I get down to 10 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight and then I stay at that weight until my next pregnancy. Well, guess what folks, I've had four babies and you and I both know what 4 times 10 lbs is. Yep. That's a lot of extra padding and I'm not very fond of it. I'd really rather fit into my clothes. SO, instead of complaining about it, I'm making a goal. I've been too casual about exercising and my eating habits. Now it's time for me to buckle down.
My goal is to obtain these healthful habits:
1) Exercise habits:
a. Cardio & weight training 5 days/week, alternating days for upper & lower body weight training.
b. Actively play, dance, trampoline, jump rope, etc. with the children everyday.
2) Eating habits:
a. Keep a food diary (I know, sounds lame.)
b. Skip the chocolate* (all varieties) for 100 days starting right NOW!...uh, or just learn to have only a little bit? :)
c. Portion control, even with yummy dinners. It's NOT my last meal (probably).
d. Let the children's leftovers go to waste, not MY waist!
e. Drink water throughout the day.
f. Eat only when I am hungry and stop when I'm not hungry anymore. That's what children do, right?
*I have to skip the chocolate because I am excessively fond of chocolate. I can't have just a little bit and be done. It's easier for me to just say no in the first place than to have a little bit and then try to resist having more. I suppose I am a chocoholic.
5 comments:
Consider this addition to your routine, which may end up replacing and complementing some of what you do. Chocolate protein powder shakes as part of your food intake. I have them all the time. Costco sells a Muscle Milk powder that has 26 grams of protein per scoop. Add to milk, a banana, a heaping helping of peanut butter, and ice. Pulvarize in blender. Yum. Gives you the chocolate flavor, fills you up big time, and assists in the building of your muscle while you do your exercises.
Best wishes on your new self-molding! Can't wait to see the results over time. Hang in there!
I gave up chocolate until I can fit into my clothes again too!
We sacrifice our bodies to have children, and then we sacrifice chocolate to get our bodies back.
Great guideline Sara! Keep it up I know you can do it!
I didn't help at ALL with the no chocolate thing tonight! Sorry!! I try to justify my chocoholicness by working out. I'm probably just kidding myself though. I actually drink shakes just like what skinhorse said. I love that I can have a chocolate milkshake for breakfast and call it good nutrition! And I am FULL for hours. Good luck with your goals, I'll try to be more helpful!
FYI-I've been excellent at NOT snacking on chocolate, but I haven't been totally depriving myself either, which is good...everything in moderation, right? :) I do have mint chocolate chip flavored protein drink mix in my cupboard, but I keep forgetting about it! It's yum, but certainly not addictive! ;)
Post a Comment