Wednesday

Kitchen before & after


We are quite pleased with the new look of our kitchen! :) We still need to paint the kickboard, touch up the white paint, put in new blinds, and replace the light fixture above the sink. From top to bottom, this is what has been done: removed wallpaper (thanks, Mom, Dad, and Becky!), painted ceiling and walls, removed shelf above cabinets and replaced with crown molding (thanks, Terry!), sanded and painted cabinets, replaced hardware, removed blinds, replaced lightswitch/outlets & covers (Thanks, Dad!), replaced faucet (handyman Jeff!), and put in new floors (thank you again, Terry!). We chose green paint for the cabinets to accommodate the counters/backsplash. I can't decide what color(s) to accent with. I would like to get new towels & hot pads/oven mitts, but what color? Brick red? Hunter green? Yellow? Black?

3 comments:

the Marvelous Mrs. M said...

Looks awesome! I bet it's fun being able to choose how things look- we've been renting forever and never get to make changes :( And I would probably choose black accents, but that's just me :)

Skinhorse said...

What a beautiful kitchen! I love it! You guys REALLY did a great job! Lotza work, too. PHEW! As for accents...mmmm....rich lion gold or lavish purple? I'd stay away from that brick red stuff, but as Marisa says...thatz just me.

Anonymous said...

love the sage color!