My brother Steven is no longer a menace to society (ha! ha!). He and Amy were married in November. Beautiful bride! Beautiful wedding! Congratulations! :) I'm so happy to have another sister-in-law!
Well, I've discovered a hidden talent...caulking! Who knew? Our walls have been quite a job to get painted. After we pulled off the wallpaper in Sabrina's room, the walls looked pretty bad. Rather than sanding the old paint which may contain lead and release deadly lead dust into the air, I chose to re-texture the walls after filling in the nail holes. Yes! I used the air compressor (while Jeff was out of town even) with that spray gadget thing and retextured the walls in Sabrina's room!!! Then I applied primer to the baseboards, door/window frames, and the walls after caulking aroung the window frames, etc. Wow! Her room is almost done being painted and it looks fantastic!!! :)
Before we left for G&G's house last week, I had purchased a new exercise DVD that came with toning bands. I hadn't used it yet and decided to hide it from my boys because I know if they knew it contained large "rubber" bands...Anyway, I am soooooo good at hiding things from my kids that not even I can find them! I searched for a long time this morning and still haven't found them. There aren't that many hiding places in our house! :P
The children especially enjoy getting together with the cousins while we were at G&G H's house for Christmas. The drive from our house to theirs is not as long as it's been when we've lived in other places. I love living closer to them now. My parents-in-law are amazing and I love them! :) I married into a wonderful family. Jeff, Grandpa, and Terry made a large wagon for the childern the day before we left! :) Awesome! I'm sure I'll be posting pictures of that as soon as it's not quite so muddy outside. :)
Two more weeks without school for the children...
6 comments:
I am so proud of you for working on that house of yours as you are! Amazing! I bet it is going to look stunning when it is done! (Oh! Check behind the Church DVDs for the rubber bands. Good luck with that!)
Way to go on the new texture and paint! Good luck on finding the therabands... My mom used to hide things for Christmas, forget about them and find them in February...ha ha ha. bands , balls and weights are all great tools for home fitness. Stick to something you'll enjoy and you'll see results. Good luck!
Ok so when I move into a house that is MINE again you will come visit for a month during the summer and help me paint all the rooms. GOOD JOB!!
and where are the pictures of proof that you did all these things? i am at a low in my project life and neeeeeeeeeed inspiration. otherwise, i am just going to sit here and wonder why everything cost so much money.
I'm almost, almost, almost done painting Sabrina's room. Proof will be following shortly, Clarisa, (hopefully, within a week).
Thanks for stopping by my blog--good luck in the giveaway! You have a very cute family and I'm going to check out that housekeeping book you recommend. I definitely need that!
Post a Comment