Summer break has gone by so fast and now it's almost over! We've been gone a lot and it seems like half the time that we've been home, someone's been sick, so we haven't had friends over to play much.
We started the summer with a 2nd annual tie-dye day with some friends.
I let the children make fruit-loop necklaces.
The kids went on a day hike with Jeff.
Then Leif attended a week of Cub Scout day camp.
We painted sun catchers.
Eli had a birthday and is now 2!
I made 75 tie cookies for the primary children to decorate and give to their fathers for Father's Day.
Jeff rode 100 miles on his bike in one day and we celebrated by going out to eat at a Mexican restaurant.
Jeff's Father's Day breakfast in bed was multi-grain waffles with strawberries, cool whip, and orange julius.
We went to the library enough, but not every week like we do during the school year.
We attended a reptile show and a bubble show.
We made homemade frozen yogurt.
We visited one of the California missions.
We went to Uncle Randy's wedding and enjoyed time with cousins. We had lunch at a yummy pizza place. Jeff took the kids to the beach. We all had fun at the wedding reception...delicious dinner, dancing, more food, etc.
We were at home for a bit and did plenty of "torturous" chores, laundry, dishes, errands.
Leif had a bike-o-rama thing for Cub Scouts.
We made friendship bracelets.
Then we visited Grandma and Grandpa H at their house for the 4th of July weekend. We went to a professional baseball game with them and cousins and got to sit on the field afterwards to watch a fire works show.
Jeff and I took the children camping.
Eli deleted four months worth of pictures off my camera. :(
We made and played with play dough.
Sabrina had a birthday and is now 9! :)
Anders had a birthday and is now 6! :)
Someone gave us a really nice grill and we cleaned it up and painted some of the parts so it looks almost new now.
We went through all the children's clothes and my closet and packed some things away and donated a lot.
We've been swimming almost every evening (no need for sun screen).
We went to a fun Pioneer Day celebration breakfast and ate enough sausage to last us another year.
We had friends over to swim.
We took a day trip and purchased a used 8-passenger van in very good condition for a really great price! It's a 2003 with only 24,000 miles! :) Sweet! We're glad to have the extra room for our growing family.
Leif had a birthday and is now 11! He's done with Cub Scouts!
I made and am still making seat covers for our new van and Jeff built a wood riser covered with carpet to add storage space in the back of the van. It looks like there's plenty of room for bikes and everyone's belongings when we go on trips.
We took the children miniature golfing.
That brings us to this week...and what a week we've had! :P
three boys
three fevers
three runny noses
one sore throat
two ear infections
conjunctivitis
and now...
vomiting!
Nice.
I hope everyone will be well before school starts. I'm trying to get the children's pictures taken before school starts, but I keep having to cancel appointments because of illnesses. Jeff and I have our 14th anniversary coming up! Hooray for us! :) I've got to end now, but I plan on posting some summer pictures soon. :) Toodles! :)
1 comment:
love how you can remember all that! sounds like a well spent summer, even with all the shopping list of sicknesses. too bad school season is here to steal our kids away but it makes the weekends that more wonderful. hope to read more about you and yours!
Post a Comment