Thursday

Lunch & Snack Ideas

Sometimes I get into a rut and can't think past the PB & J sandwiches for my children's lunches. When I was a kid, PB & J sandwiches were like a dessert for me and I really enjoyed having them every day! Not so for my children...probably because I serve wheat bread instead of the refined white I had as a child. Before school started this year, the kidlets and I made a list of foods they like and wouldn't mind having in their lunches or for an after school snack. It's a good list and I refer to it frequently when I can't immediately think of things to pack for them.

Main
------
homemade pretzels
crackers w/ peanut butter
crackers w/cheese & lunch meat
toasted sandwich
English muffins
little pancakes
plain muffins
french toast strips
burritos
tortilla roll-ups - peanut butter, jam
tortilla roll-ups - cream cheese
tortilla roll-ups - lunch meat
left-over pizza
pizza rolls
cheeseburger rolls
taco rolls
deli style sandwich

Fruit
------
juice drink
grapes
peaches
oranges
apples (w/peanut butter)
bananas
pears
pineapple
applesauce
raisins

Vegetables
--------
carrots
bell peppers
cucumbers
tomatoes
lettuce
olives

Dairy
------
cheese
yogurt
milk
chocolate milk

Protein
--------
turkey slices
ham slices
beans
hard-boiled eggs
nuts

Treats
-------
cookies
brownies
pudding
popcorn
granola bars

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

having a go-to list is a great idea. nothing like a boring lunch to have to eat. glad you indulge your children's taste to fun it up! sweet messages from home, right?