Friday

I did everything a mother ought to do before heading off to the grocery store with an infant and a two-year-old. They were dressed, fed, changed, clean...but that preparation didn't prevent the grocery store "disaster" that I experienced this morning. I don't really like to go shopping in the first place and having two little ones with me makes it even that more of a chore. Anyway, I had to go today because I am hosting a baby shower tomorrow for a dear friend.

As I searched the isles of the grocery store for the items on my list, I noticed that my dear, sweet baby was choosing this time to "let it all come out." I was carrying her in my Moby wrap, which is a carrier made out of one long piece on knit fabric that is wrapped and tied to hold her up against the front of me. I tried to make the rest of my shopping quick, but by the time I was in the check-out line, it was too late.

Yikes! My little sweet and smiling baby had mustard-resembling stuff oozing out one of her pant legs onto both of my pant legs, one shoe, and a little bit of the floor. The woman in front of me was so helpful and asked the cashier for paper towels. While I cleaned up as best I could, the same woman and a woman behind me unloaded the items in my cart and reassured me that things like this happen to every mother at one point or another. They were so helpful and sweet and even, after all that, told me how adorable my baby is. *sigh* I'm thankful for people who understand when I'm having a difficult moment!

After stuffing paper towels up my little darling's pant leg, I grabbed a grocery bag, put her legs in it, and tied it closed. I didn't take her out of the Moby wrap until we got to the car, where I always keep a couple towels because one never knows when they'll come in handy! This was definitely a situation where a towel is helpful...another blessing!

That was the end of the embarrassing part, but I had a lot of clean-up to do after coming home and putting away the groceries! I needed to do some laundry anyway and it was about that time again to give my baby a bath...and wash her carseat cover!

P.S. I know I've been neglecting my blog...I didn't even blog about having my baby 5 months ago! I started a post about her birth and then never finished it! That's my life right now...very hectic. We've been continuing to make home improvements and, well, I have a 2-year-old AND a baby! My three older children are all VERY helpful and I miss them when they're at school. Now I understand why my mom didn't sew much when I was a kid. Oh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to sew, but there are so many other priorities right now. How does a mother do it all?

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I knew I should have called later. Not that you would have had time to chat. Well, It will all be relaxing after tomorrow! Love ya!

Clarisa said...

happy kids equal a successful mother. you are doing it all. some people will claim sewing is more fun than cleaning up mustard colored substances overflowing from babies, but you and i know better! love having those faces smiling up at you, knowing they can depend on you no matter what! you are so sweet and such an example!

Gerardo & Elise Vazquez said...

No pictures?