Tuesday

Aha!

I had an "Aha!" moment this week about my homeschooling strategy. I have had several late nights catching up on grading papers and planning out the schoolwork assignments for the following week. Last Monday night, I was up until 2:30 am, but I planned out TWO weeks of school work instead of just one. :P Needless to say, that doesn't make a very pleasant (or alert) mama the next day. I hadn't really thought of doing the grading and planning during the day because I am helping Leif learn while parenting my two youngest children. Yesterday morning the thought occurred to me that perhaps I could grade a few papers and plan just a few subjects for the following week while the little ones are playing and Leif is working independently. Then I could continue to do just a little bit of that each morning until the next week is fully planned out and the grading of papers is caught up. I am happy to say that it is 9:30 am Tuesday morning and Leif's schoolwork is all planned out for NEXT week! Ahhh! Nice! That means no late night for me this weekend. :) Now, I just have to do my best to keep on top of grading papers in the morning while the school books are out anyway.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

Awesome dedication, i hope Leif knows how blessed he is to have you. good luck sleeping this week, sounds like its going to happen! (: