Today is the first day of an 8-week challenge I am participating in. I'm super excited and motivated to make healthier choices physically, mentally, and spiritually. I've been kinda stressed the past few days and worried that I wouldn't be able to do it and just quit. Well, I'm going to try my best to stick with it the whole 8 weeks. Here are some things I'll be working on:
Daily:
4 servings veggies, 3 servings fruits, 4 servings protein, 25+ grams fiber, 64+oz water, vitamin supplement, calcium supplement, stay within caloric range, exercise 45+min (5 days/wk), donate or throw away 20 items each day (yes, I have a clutter problem), write in a gratitude journal, personal prayer 2x, read scriptures 20+min, sleep 7 hrs (5 days/wk), complete a bonus item given by the host of the challenge, limit phone calls to 20 min
Weekly:
2 or less "treats," family home evening, serve someone
Sounds like a lot, right? Well, if I had actually been doing all those things the past fourteen years, I'd probably be more satisfied with myself. I am not the woman I thought I would be at 37. I am finally taking steps toward becoming the woman I thought I would be. I know being healthy and having less stuff to move around every day will help.
I used to be so faithful at writing in my journal, reading my scriptures, and praying regularly. I don't know what happened. I suppose I just let myself gradually slip out of a good routine until I had no routine at all. I am thankful for this challenge to give me the motivation to get back on track! :)
So far today I am right on track. I have even picked out 20 things to get rid of. :) For the weekly service, I am planning on putting together a care package for a missionary and mail it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment