Howdy, Folks!
In 2015, we moved from our little house in the country on a big piece of dirt to a bigger house in the country on a smaller piece of dirt. Jeff isn't letting that stop him from having a home orchard, vineyard, and garden. We have apple, cherry, peach, pluot, and maybe plum trees. We're harvesting blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries right now. The grapes will ripen in September and in our garden we've picked some zucchini, but the tomatoes are still green. Jeff has also planted watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberries. It's hard to get the strawberries before some other creatures start nibbling on them.
Tomorrow is the last day of school and I couldn't be more excited!!! We have plans! BIG PLANS! It's been a good year. Sabrina is finishing up her junior year and will be taking the ACT this Saturday. Anders will be a freshman in the fall. Eli is turning 10 this month and is exiting 4th grade. Dacia will be a darling 2nd grader after summer. And then there's Leify. I love that guy! He has finished up his first year in college and is still going, like, not coming home for the summer. His favorite part about being away at school is no parents! Ha! I totally get it. It's nice to feel independent and not have to report to anyone except yourself. I'm sure I miss him more than he misses us, but I suppose that's the way it should be.
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment