As Anders was flipping through one of my cookbooks looking for an apple pie recipe, he declared, "Mom! When I grow up, I am going to be able to drive a car, work, and cook. 'Cause I love to cook!"
Anders says that only Dad can use the baking soda because it has a picture of a strong arm and Dad is the only one that can lift up the heavy weight (the barbel in our living room that Jeff uses). Anders also says that Dad is so strong, he can lift up a car. Wow! That's strong! :) I hope Anders isn't disappointed when he gets older and discovers that Jeff is just an average-sized man with average strength!
If you ask Anders where bees live, he'll tell you "in a behind!"
I was examining my silver strands of hair real close to the mirror in my bathroom. Anders walked in and said, "Mom, your hair is like...is like...(thinking expression)" I thought he was going to mention something about my silver strands, then he continued, "Your hair is like brownies. So, should you make brownies?" That's a good Anders! :)
Sabrina lost her first tooth this week. Perhaps Anders got to thinking that would be pretty cool for him, too, because he came to me and said, "Mom, my teeth hurt when I eat carrots, so will you take out one of my teeth?"
Me: "Anders, do you know that I love you?"
Anders: "Yes, Mom, you love me because I help you wash the dishes."
Anders brought me the etch-a-sketch with scribbles all over it and said, "Mom, this is how far I want to ride my bike."
I was lying down on my bed trying to rest a bit before the older kids got home from school and Anders came in my room, stood next to me and said, "Mom, my favorite song is 'Rudolf, the Red-nosed Reindeer. And that is my favorite reindeer. And I like rabbits for a pet. And I like horses. I love macaroni and cheese. And I love it when you tickle me and I love you showing me pictures on the computer of rotten teeth before we go to bed and that is all." And then he walked out.
I offered Anders a bite of a brownie and before he took it, he asked, "Mom, is this a dream?" I gave him the piece and said, "Yes, Anders, you're dreaming. See if you can wake up." He finished the piece and then stated, "Actually, I'm not dreaming! I already am awake!" He's so silly! :)

4 comments:
He cracks me up!!!
those are good ones!
hey, just on a random note, do you have any good crockpot recipies? my family is slightly in a rut currently with our meal options. i have beef stew, meat loaf, green chile chicken, and chile right now.if i can be picky, the easier, the better. thanks oh wonderful knowledgable one!
I LOVE the funny things kids say and do! Aw - it just makes me smile! Congrats Sabrina on loosing your first tooth! That's a big deal!
Post a Comment