Shawn 1989
Shanna & Shawn
Shanna & Shawn
Shanna & Shawn
Shawn, Sara, & Shanna
Shawn 1990
Shawn 1993
Keldon, Shanna, Shawn & Steven 1994
Shawn 1997
My younger brother passed away early this morning. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 17 years old and has, without complaint, endured many surgeries, radiation, chemo, and physical therapy during the past 10 years. He was able to serve for about a year in the mission until his tumor started growing again. He never felt sorry for himself, but I know what he missed out on: going away to college, falling in love, getting married, and having a family. Basically everything that fills my life with joy right now, he was deprived of. I believe that it will be made right for him. He will not be deprived of any joy now. I am happy for him because he is free from the body that was so debilitating, but at the same time, I certainly feel a great loss. I will miss him and am truly afraid of forgetting my memories with him. I know he is enveloped in the love of our heavenly home now and gets to be with my grandpa and other siblings who are already on the other side of the veil. It must have been a sweet reunion for them, as I expect it will be for me, too.
Shawn, Sara, & Shanna
Shawn 1990
Shawn 1993
Keldon, Shanna, Shawn & Steven 1994
Shawn 1997
My younger brother passed away early this morning. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 17 years old and has, without complaint, endured many surgeries, radiation, chemo, and physical therapy during the past 10 years. He was able to serve for about a year in the mission until his tumor started growing again. He never felt sorry for himself, but I know what he missed out on: going away to college, falling in love, getting married, and having a family. Basically everything that fills my life with joy right now, he was deprived of. I believe that it will be made right for him. He will not be deprived of any joy now. I am happy for him because he is free from the body that was so debilitating, but at the same time, I certainly feel a great loss. I will miss him and am truly afraid of forgetting my memories with him. I know he is enveloped in the love of our heavenly home now and gets to be with my grandpa and other siblings who are already on the other side of the veil. It must have been a sweet reunion for them, as I expect it will be for me, too.Shawn & Leif 2000
His funeral is Tuesday evening (Jan 6) in Iowa, and I am planning to be there. My mother-in-law is coming Sunday afternoon to take care of the kids while I am gone (Jeff's staying here, too, but he'll be working). There will be a graveside service on Saturday (Jan 10th) in Tucson, AZ. I will drive from IA to AZ with my parents and Jeff and the kids will drive to AZ and meet us there. I am looking forward to being able to see and visit with family members that I haven't seen in a long while.
His funeral is Tuesday evening (Jan 6) in Iowa, and I am planning to be there. My mother-in-law is coming Sunday afternoon to take care of the kids while I am gone (Jeff's staying here, too, but he'll be working). There will be a graveside service on Saturday (Jan 10th) in Tucson, AZ. I will drive from IA to AZ with my parents and Jeff and the kids will drive to AZ and meet us there. I am looking forward to being able to see and visit with family members that I haven't seen in a long while.
9 comments:
Oh Sarah, I am so sorry to hear that. I didn't know Shawn as well as you and Steve, but I'm sure he is just as great and caring as you guys are. I wish you and your family peace in this hard time.
Im so sorry for your loss Sara. My prayers are with your family
I didn't know you had a brother with a tumor? Did you say other siblings have passed on as well? Death is a very great loss to those who have to stay while our loved ones move on. I don't think he missed out on anything. He is enjoying much in the next life, I'm sure of it! I hope you and your family can have peace during this most difficult time. May the Lord bless you and keep you, my friend.
Sara,
I know that you have mentioned your brother is the past and his brain tumor. I was always so impressed with how you could even talk about it and keep a smile on your face. It is evident that he, as well as you, have faith in a greater plan and purpose than what envelops this life alone. You are an inspiration.
You will be in our prayers as you pass through this time in your life.
Hugs,
Julie
Sarah, I'm so sorry. I remember Shawn being a really sweet kid and was so sad that he had to experience such a difficult trial. Our love and prayers are for you and your family.
thank you for sharing with me. my sympathies are sincere and many. i don't know what you need or want to hear but i know your sweet spirit helps you and your family through this. you are one of those that lifts others even in the midst of your own suffering. i am glad you will never let your memories of Shawn fade. you have preserved them forever through your writing and sharing. i hope your children will always remember the stories you will share about him. some are quite funny, i bet!love you always!
Sara,
Lots of hugs to you and your family. I just read facebook and found out about Shawn. You are in our prayers. Hang in there sweety, I know you will always remember him!
Love Gina
im so sorry for your loss. your words about your brother are beautiful.
Sarah, I'm so thankful for your uplifting spirit! How lucky we were to have had the chance to know him and spend time with him when we did! I loved your pictures! They brought back some great memories of your family!
Post a Comment