Monday

Happy Mothers' Day!

My dear Elijah has successfully figured out how to maneuver his little body over the side of his portable crib and now sleeps in a big bed. He slept well Saturday night, but I was awoken at 4:30 am by a different child, who was creeped out by the shadows made by a newly installed ceiling fan. I failed to go back to sleep until an hour later when I moved to the couch. Fortunately, that was a perfect spot to be when the children woke up and Leif started making waffles for everyone. I enjoyed awaiting my Mothers' Day "breakfast in bed" surrounded by my children instead of being confined to my room in solitude. Jeffrey picked our first ripe strawberries from our patch out back and topped my waffle with them. Mmmmm! They were sooooo good! :) It was a lovely morning and the rest of the day followed suit. Later that evening, Leif made brownies from scratch without my or Jeff's help! He's getting to be quite the cook! :)

No comments: