Sunday

Whole-Wheat Pancakes

This morning I felt like making whole-wheat pancakes for breakfast instead of refined pancakes from a mix. We don' t have church until the afternoon, so I had plenty of time. I found a do-able recipe from my cookbook collection and the pancakes turned out nice-looking. :) I had to have syrup on mine to make them palatable, but I felt completely satisfied after eating just one and a half. Leif only had three instead his usually 8 to 10. Eli had one and a half, which was impressive because usually he eats only a half of a pancake or less. The recipe made quite a lot, so we'll see how they taste tomorrow. This evening Anders and Eli both had jam sandwiches made from some of the pancake left-overs. Nice! :) I'm love to see my children eating whole-grain foods! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Throw them in the freezer, then microwave them when you're ready to eat. They're great!