Friday

Surprise.

Yipes! Our house was broken into this morning while I was out running errands. I was gone for a measly two and a half hours! The front doors had been kicked open and most of our drawers and cabinets had been searched and some contents dumped out. After walking around the house about five times, I finally noticed that a large vase with spare change in it was missing. Have it! :) Also, our fireproof file box had the top broken off of it, but nothing out of it was missing. We always keep it unlocked, so they didn't need to break it. We don't keep important stuff in there, just some memorabilia things that we wouldn't want to get burned up in a fire.

The mess I have to clean up now is probably not so bad as it would be if I were to let Eli roam around unattended for about a half-day. I am so, SO thankful that it's not worse! I'm thankful they didn't take other things that were just lying around in plain sight! I'm thankful we weren't here when they came...that would have been creepy. Well, replacing the front doors has been on our to-do list since we've moved in. I suppose now is a good time to do that. ;) I asked the police guy that came to take the report if alarm systems really help and he said for sure! So, that might be in our near future as well.

3 comments:

the Marvelous Mrs. M said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Our apartment was burglarized last May and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever been through. It's so scary knowing how easily someone can break into your home! I'm glad that you didn't have much missing but even still I'm sure you must feel uneasy. I hope that feeling will go away soon for you!

Vickie said...

Oh no!
The thought of someone rummaging through my stuff makes me uneasy.
I'm glad there wasn't much taken.

Anonymous said...

Yipes! That's not fun! Definitely invest in an alarm.